Thursday, March 27, 2008

A beautiful mess!

Yesterday was the official start of the building of Sully's playground. We met very unofficially with a few folks to say a prayer and an enthusiastic "let's begin". Today, I drove by and found this beautiful mess!
Everything is being torn out and dug up in preparation for the new landscaping, patio, and playground. I just sat there and watched these huge pieces of machinery rip up what must go. It's happening, Sully! It's really happening! I ran my fingers through the soil and grabbed a handful. I held him on this very ground. I want to keep it and put it with his sacred things. It seems right that a bit of the earth from this gift of a playground, his gift to so many, should be close to his tiny footprints. I'm so proud of you, Sully.

7 comments:

Victoria said...

Exciting - You are helping Sully's life bless so many children's lives.

mwickum said...

Heidi & Brad -

Our family continues to follow your story and be inspired by your strength and courage. You are in our prayers.

The Wickum's

Red said...

Praise God! Can't wait to see it done! =0)

clare adams said...

yippee! how wonderful it must have been to drive by and to see it really happening! building this in sully's honor will give you a place to always be able to go...when you are most especially missing him. it is such a great idea

Aimee said...

Heidi,
I met a friend of yours, Christine, at an adoption seminar today. She told me about your sweet Sully. I have read your blog. I stand amazed. Our stories are almost IDENTICAL. My Sophie Ann (T13) went to be with Jesus on 1-22-08. I found out about her condition at 15 weeks. Sophie Ann too, had the front page of our newspaper this morning. She is touching so many lives. We are continuing to trust to Lord daily. I would love to e-mail you. I am going to give you my blog that I had while pregnant. Hope to hear from you soon.
Aimee Weathers, Jacksonville, AL
www.weathersfamily2007.blogspot.com
aimeeweathers1@yahoo.com

smalltownknitter said...

Heidi & Brad,

My family and I keep you all in our prayers and thoughts. May each day be a little easier than the last.

The Zysman Family
(Our children Ellie & Lily go to school with your children) :o)

Jen said...

Hi Heidi!
I have been following your blog and grieving with your family since I first started reading. Although we've never met, I think and pray for you often. I just thought you might be interested in reading Molly Piper's blog (John Piper's daughter-in-law) as she is doing a series on grief. She and her husband lost their still born daughter in September of last year. Here is the link to their blog if you are interested...
http://thepipers.wordpress.com/

Continuing in prayer,
Jennifer Duncan