Saturday, April 5, 2008

April tulips

I looked forward to a morning trip to the wholesale florist for the tulips I promised myself each month for Sully. My sister-in-law while staying with us the past few weeks kept my vase full of them. It is time for more, a fresh bright bunch to remember our Sully days. Sadly, all of the tulips have found other homes and purposes this Saturday morning. But then we spy one last bunch, a chipper orange arrangement with just six tulips; they have been waiting on us. On this gray day they bring a smile to my face sitting next to Sully's picture on our table. As I snap a few photos I notice Ella and Zane's play set peeking through the blooms. How symbolic and fitting.

4 comments:

smidgenswife said...

wow... precious and beautiful... symbolic and fitting...

you are are superb photographer... you have real talent...

Tracy said...

and six is the perfect number for his six days here!

ommie said...

The tulips are beautiful and bright! I look at the rain we have had and it reminds me of the blessings it brings and even the weather has to be dark and gloomy to bring newness to the earth. Thanks for sharing the photos and updates on Sully's Playground. We are still keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers!

Jordan said...

The picture of the tulips are just beautiful. I really enjoy looking at your photographs.