Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sullivan Gage Anderson - February 4, 2008


Sully was born at 11:08 pm, weighed 4lbs, 15 oz and measured 18 inches.


I know I should be sleeping but I’ve just finished feeding my little Sully with his tiny syringe so I’m awake anyway. I find the banana pudding my brother left for me in the fridge as I put away my agoniziningly collected milk and figure a moment for mother nourishment and to write is deemed worthy before sleep. And what I have to write – oh – I feel like there are pages and pages in my heart. Those thoughts will come with time but for tonight, this sweet night finds me writing that I have a baby in my house! My Sully is here with me and there is such joy. All of the fears, all of the anxiety over bringing him home, all of it is gone. As soon as he was in my arms all I wanted was for him to stay as long as he could. It is true that perfect love casts out fear. That is what I was given in that first moment I held him, a taste of perfect love.

16 comments:

mary j. said...

Congratulations, Brad and Heidi! He is beautiful. I am so happy to hear of the joy you feel with him here in your arms, and for your taste of perfect love that casts out fear. God be with you and your sweet family in this precious time.

Kyle said...

He's so incredibly beautiful! We love all of you so much and are praying that God would give you and extra measure of strength and energy.

-Kyle & Holly

Audrey said...

I am so overjoyed to see you here and see Sully. All our love and best wishes to you all!

clariposa said...

He is so beautiful.
There are lots of people praying for you here in Austin.
We love you all.
~C

Sara B. said...

Heidi - He is so beautiful. I wish your family peace and happiness as you hold that little baby. I think you're amazing.

Victoria said...

What sweet, precious pictures. Welcome little Sully! Blessings to all. I'm so glad you can be peacefully home together as a family of five.

Christy said...

You don't know me but I have been following your story--

I just wanted to say that he is absolutly beautiful!

ommie said...

How beautiful! Congratulations on his arrival and being able to embrace that wonderful blessing. I will continue to pray for your family. I was excited to check your blog and see such a wonderful post! Thank you again for sharing this special moment with so many. God Bless,

Ashley said...

oh, Heidi. I am moved beyond words. He is beautiful and I am so happy for your family.

Fluttergirl said...

He is precious and absolutely perfect. I'm so happy for your family!

stace-c said...

Congratulations. He is beautiful! I have been following your story for the past week--a mom posted about you to a group I am part of, and you have been in my thoughts and prayers. Blessings to you and your beautiful new babe.

Anonymous said...

He is beautiful!

Leisa said...

Sully is beautiful. Thanks for sharing him with us.

Jennifer Peronnet said...

Congratulation! Oh Heidi and Brad, I'm so grateful for you that Sully has come home with you. What a sweet moment for all of you. Of course my love, tears, prayers and love are with you - Sully, Zane and Ella. I can't believe how wonderfully you've made it this far. What a blessing you have with that wonderful baby...I'll find out how I can help, right now it' prayers.
He's absolutely beautiful!
Love you! Jennifer

The Eisenbergers said...

Congratulations Andersons! I realize that there is nothing I can really say that won't sound trite. I know this has been a tumultuous road for you all. Please know that I am praying for you all. Your blog has been an inspiration to me and I look forward to hearing about all of the days that Sully has here on earth. God is so good even when we can't make sense of his perfect plan.

Andrea E.

aimee said...

Thank you for allowing me into your world, my feelings have been so emotional and abstract, now I can see your little Sully and feel closer to the whole family.