Sunday, October 26, 2008

Saying it out loud

Today I had a chance to talk with a friend who I find very dear but don't get to spend a lot of time with. She is good at asking deeper questions, real questions and actually seeming like she's interested in my rambling answers. I love that about her. As I spoke with her, I found myself sorting out some things in my heart, saying some things out loud that I haven't said out loud before. And when I said them, I could finally hear for myself how silly they sounded. Yet why is it as they are going around in your brain they seem much more threatening? My friend was gracious with me and encouraging. She eased my silly fears with her kind words and assurance. I am thankful that when the thoughts creep back in as threatening, I can replay in my mind her response and be comforted.

No comments: