Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Good News!

A phone call came today - and on the other end was a voice saying, "I have good news!" Our test results finally came back and this baby is well! This child I am carrying is genetically whole and healthy - genetically perfect! I want to live in this good moment, in this hope. I'm pushing away the sadness. Just for a moment I don't want to let it in. I don't want to listen to the voices of reality reminding me that we aren't promised anything, that even healthy babies have things go wrong. So I do. I push it all aside and believe, if just for this moment, that life will be good again, that I will know the sweetness and yes, even the sleepless misery of a newborn. Yet the ache is inescapable; I see it in Brad's eyes. I know we can never change our story. I know that this is our fourth child, not our third. But I want to hope that this little life will bring with it healing for all of us.

3 comments:

RHUNT said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I still check in regularly on you guys. I squealed when I read your news. I am so happy for all of you. My prayers and thoughts remain numerous and will continue. You made my day - actually, my month!

naomi said...

Yeah, I am so excited for you, Heidi! Happy pregnancy!!!
Naomi

The Woottons said...

We have cried with you and now we will rejoice with you. But, we will always cry with you when you need to cry and we will not forget Sully. We are praying for this son in your womb that he will be a blessing of hope.
We love you! R & C