Monday, August 4, 2008

Six months

My third child would have been six months old today had he not been broken. My dear friend sent me these words this morning. They seem so very fitting to me.

"Where's the funny girl?
Are you ready to believe it's true
That everything we love we lose?
Only in your mind can you choose
Not to live again
And you could find your smile tomorrow
Remember what was beautiful
Not the dark inventions of your burning sorrow"
Polichinelle

"Each time members of the tribe die, the self we were with them dies too, which is to say that the kind of words we spoke only to them- were only to them- and the kind they spoke only to us are spoken no longer. But if outwardly our language is thus impoverished, inwardly it is enriched because when members of the tribe die, the words they were are added to the vocabulary of the heart, where we have more than just ears for hearing them. And each time a member of the tribe is born, a new word comes into being, and nothing is ever the same again."
The Eyes of the Heart, Buechner

5 comments:

Red said...

Thinking of you both - much love!

smidgenswife said...

oh sweet friend,

my thoughts and prayers are with you...

much love.

tammy said...

I'm so sorry. Each anniversary, and each "first" without your darling boy, must be so heartbreaking.

I pray for healing, sunny, and loving days ahead....

Blessings,

Tammy
www.soaringwithmendedwings.com

Maybe Tomorrow said...

Dear Heidi,
Its so good to see you blogging again and to be able to connect with you on any level at all. I owe you much more than this comment on your blog (communication wise) and it'll come but for now I just wanted to say thank you. For allowing the rest of us a window (again) into this journey you are on.
With love, Lacey

eashcraft said...

Dear Heidi,

I read about Sully in the newspaper earlier this year and just now I was flipping thru a local publication and I thought the couple in an ad for a Dr's office looked familiar. I am pretty sure it is you, your husband and your little girl while you are pregnant with your 2nd. You all are walking on the beach and you look so happy. I want to let you know that I didn't forget about you all and I don't even know you. I remember that he passed around Valentine's day and I am praying for you. Sometimes I don't know what to pray for, but I believe that when we are prompted to pray we should. Thank you for sharing your life, it has touched mine.

Emily