Friday, August 29, 2008

First Day of School

Ella had her first day of school this morning. She seemed so grown up as she gave me a big hug, said "bye mom", and hopped out of the car. When I picked her up she said it had been a great day and that she and her best friend even helped out a new three year old in their class. She said, "that's what I do now since I'm one of the older kids in the class." And that is part of what I love about a Montessori Children's House. With the mixed ages Ella has been the child who was helped and now she gets to do the helping and teaching. What an incredible sense of self satisfatction that comes from mastering something and then helping someone else with the task. What a beautiful sense of community and care. I am so proud of her.

1 comment:

BetnyNonnie said...

So cool! She looks like a big girl! Such a pretty big girl!