Sunday, February 22, 2009

A New Season

The first half of this month was hard emotionally. I was prepared for some of it and other times, as always, it would just surprise me. I think that's when it was the hardest. This past week has felt different. On Friday I woke up and went through our normal morning routine but somehow, I felt something different. I felt hopeful. I felt like a new season was beginning for us. I felt joyful and excited about our next child coming to us and really thought for one of the first times that all would be well. Not perfect but that, like I just wrote, a new season was upon us, a season of joy and new hope.

A friend sent us this scripture recently as her prayer for herself and for us. I think about it all the time: "And now, God, do it again - bring rains to our drought-stricken lives. So those who planted crops in despair will shout hurrahs at the harvest. So those who went off with heavy hearts will come home laughing..." Psalm 126:4-6.

7 comments:

my3sons said...

What a beautiful picture! I have followed your blog for a bit; I pray for peace and happiness for you and your family. Can't wait to see the new baby!

amy griffith said...

beautiful! both your picture and what God is doing inside of you, in your life as a family!

Red said...

Heidi - I love that scripture, and how wonderfully applicable it is for your family. As always, we'll continue to pray for you as you move forward each day.

xoxo - Red

Victoria said...

I red and commented regularly as you awaited Sully's birth, and in the days both sides of his death - just found your blog again and wil be checking again now, and sending prayers.

BetnyNonnie said...

Beautiful picture. I am praying for God to bring this new season to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Our daughter was facing the prenatal diagnoses of Trisomy 18 at the same time as Sully, she was born healthy February 16th 2008. I've wept for Sully, I've wept for you, and I have wept for our own "might have been." I think of you everyday and I am inspired by your courage to try again. I will always think of Sully. I feel he is watching over my Chloe everyday.

naomi said...

Heidi, You are beautiful!