Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

Today, a day to purposely remember all that we are thankful for: I am thankful today for 7 months with Sully. I am, strange to say this, even thankful for the tears and the way suffering is carving deep into my soul making me a vessel able to hold true joy.

I remember finding out we were pregnant again. It was such a perfect day, a happy day. We all dressed in our rain gear and played in the warm summer rain. I remember us taking this picture and thinking how there seemed to be the perfect space beside Ella and in front of Brad for our third little one. I am thankful today for all the joy and happiness that surrounded Sully before we ever knew of Trisomy 18. I am thankful today that by some incredible grace, we are embracing joy in the days that we still have left with him.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Beautiful picture of your family on the day you learned Sully was coming!