Friday, September 28, 2007

Twilight turtle

I have a gift a dear friend gave to me when we found out we were expecting. I put it away so it didn't get destroyed before our baby arrived. It's a soft little turtle that projects constellations onto the ceiling as a night light. Ella and Zane thought it was the neatest thing. I thought is was significant since we called Ella our "little star" and Zane our "little turtle" - here it was a combination of both of them for our new little one. I pulled it out of the closet this morning, of course, tearfully. I think I'll turn it on for the kids tonight. It's called a "twilight turtle" on the box and that somehow seems appropriate.

Brad left this written on a note card for me today.
"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit."
Ps 34:18

1 comment:

ancient clown said...

Blessings:

As we drift past each other I thought I'd say hi. Give ya a head's up on a couple of 'drifters' and 'vagabonds' that join forces with righteous causes.
Look forward to what this meeting inspires.
your humble servant,
">ancient clown