Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's coming

I sense it with everything in me. It is now less than a month for the year marker. As I drove to get my 11 month Sully tulips I thought about how next time it would be an entire year since he was born and died. I talked with a friend whose little one shares the same birthday as my Sully. I wanted to know the details of what she was doing, how she was growing all though I can imagine everything. We couldn't talk long because her little one began screaming in the background and needed her - a pretty good indicator of the 11 month stage. So, I went on their blog and checked out the daily details that way. It's so strange. All I want to do is see every detail, to see that sweet face and imagine my Sully but at the same time it just hurts so much to do that. What an odd push and pull I feel within me.

I imagine what I would have been doing at this point in preparation for our third turning one had everything been different, had he been well. In just three weeks we would have had a birthday cake and presents. Ella and Zane would have been so excited. I wonder how to mark the year instead. I know I want to light his candles for each of his days, the sterling circus shaped holders I bought for him when I first learned of my pregnancy should parade candles somewhere, somehow. Should I give a gift to each of my children since presents should always be at a birthday celebration? What about the day he died? What do you do on that day?

I feel my anxiety about this pregnancy growing immensely. I know it has a reason and it's place but I also wonder if it is connected to the fact that this year anniversary is slowly coming upon us, a year since I gave birth to a child destined to die. I find myself worried about things in this pregnancy fearing that somehow I will end up with empty arms again. I don't want empty arms again...

7 comments:

Traci Reynolds said...

I pray for comfort for you in this time of need...and I pray for a healthy baby and a wonderful delivery...I have followed your blog from the time sully was born and I am so inspired by your courage and strength and your faith...Please know I will continue to pray for you and your family...((HUGS)) Traci

domandkat said...

Oh Heidi,

I will pray for you during this tough time.

The birthday celebration sounds sweet leaving you free to mourn later as well.

Whatever you decide will be right and good. Know that.

Bless you all heaps and heaps...

Red said...

You all remain in our thoughts & prayers...I wish I could give you comfort in some tangible way, take away some of your hurt and anxieties...or at least give you a big hug.

We'll be praying as you and Brad navigate through the next few weeks and through the remainder of your pregnancy. We love you!!

Chrissy said...

From one who feels the same. One who "gets" it. Thinking of you tonight...

BetnyNonnie said...

I am sure you will find a perfect way to remember and honor Sully's birthday. I am praying for your family.

smidgenswife said...

i'm here with you my friend...

listening and reading and praying...

Love.

Lisa Lawrence said...

Hi. I came here via another blog and I just want to say your children are beautiful and so is your journaling of your story.

Any words I can come up with are inadequate to bring any comfort, but your Sully is just precious. Completely and totally precious.

I will be praying for you, especially as Sully's birthday approaches.

Lisa