Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My place in this world

I had such a great trip to Seattle to see my friend Nicola. It was so good to be away, to have time to just be, to see beautiful sights, to eat good food, to talk for hours with a dear and long time friend. I find myself refreshed. And, I find myself thankful for my little niche in the world, the place I have carved out for me. I missed my family, my Ella and Zane, I missed Brad. I think that's why we must leave from time to time. We need to step outside of what has become so ordinary and everyday and be able to view it from afar. From across the country I could see how happy I am. I could see how dear my children are, how good my husband is to me and what a great fit we are for each other. Distance lends perspective. I have loved being away and now I am glad to be home, grateful for my home filled with love.

Nikki was a good sport about being a tourist with me. We peddled all about the city and also went a bit further to explore some of Washington's wineries.

Our friends Rob and Claudia Wootton now live in Seattle and are starting a church plant. It was great to see them and have dinner together while enjoying their incredible view!

Just minutes from Nikki's home in Lincoln Park. It was soooo beautiful there!

This was the best sight of all. I couldn't wait to get my arms around Ella and Zane!

2 comments:

Red said...

I'm so glad you had a good visit, it's nice to see your spirit smile. =0) Thinking of you today!

Ashley said...

Heidi, how happy I am you are blogging again. I've missed you.